Situated at the heart of the High Tarentaise, at 1850m altitude, in a south facing balcony position, La Rosière is a friendly ski resort that has been built between forests and alpine meadows whilst respecting the architectural traditions of the mountain area.
With a multitude of sporting and cultural activities, adapted to all age groups, La Rosière is an ideal holiday destination that allows you to enjoy the pleasures of the mountain during the Winter and Summer seasons.
A resort that has been accredited with the label Family Plus Mountain for its ability to welcome families and children.
La Rosière is the only resort in Savoie that can offer an international ski area due to its link with the Italian ski area in La Thuile in the Aoste Valley (Italy). With 155 km of slopes between La Rosière and La Thuile, The Espace San Bernardo ski area invites you to enjoy the backdrop of the most prestigious mountain ranges in Europe : Mont Blanc, Grandes Jorasses, Grand Combin, Cervin, Mont Rose…
To each his own style:
- The Snowzones for freestyle skiing : snow cross, boarder cross, snowpark.
– a nordic skiing area to take in the air : 7 km of tracks are available to amateur nordic skiiers.
– Schooling areas to test new snow sports : parapente, snowkite, speed riding.
– Secure sledging slopes.
– Snow shoe pathways accessible to all.
– Pedestrian chairlifts that allow you to take in the beautiful views. 9 km of maintained walking paths.
The Children’s club “Les Galopins” can offer full or half days with or without meals:
- The Baby club from 18 months to 3 years old : Indoor and Outdoor games, sledging, snow shoes, developmental activities, arts and crafts workshops.
– The Leisure club from 3 to 12 years old : with the possibility of children being accompanied to ski school with ESF, followed by after ski activities.
For more information please visit the La Rosière website: www.larosiere.net
There are plenty of activities to keep you busy in and around La Rosière:
- Playgrounds, skate park
– Cannyoning, rafting, hydrospeed (Bourg St Maurice)
– Mountain bikes (easy to difficult levels of trails)
– Golf (9 hole course ), Archery, 2 Tennis courts
– Via Cordata, Via Farrata Climbing
– Bowling, Ice rink
– Mountain hiking trails
– Riding Stables
– Walking around resort and to nearby glaciers
– Cultural walks and talks to discover the history of the resort
– Tree climbing in Seez
– Swimming pool at Bourg St Maurice (20 mins by car): 3 pools, 3 diving boards, 1 paddling pool, 1 sauna
– Leisure base at Macot (30 mins by car): lifeguarded lake, beach area, playground and snack bar
The Children’s club “Les Galopins” : free day care for children between 18 months and 12 years old. (For certain activities there are additional costs):
- Tree climbing workshops, slides, trampoline, badminton, ball games, tabel tennis, archery, giant wooden games, treasure hunts
– Arts and crafts workshops : cakes, modelling, painting, jewellery and makeup
– Sporting activties :golf, tennis and pony riding